Established in 2007, Canada India Foundation (CIF) is a national, not-for-profit, non-partisan, non-governmental organization established with the following objectives:
- Strengthening bilateral relations between Canada and India
- Helping Indo-Canadians in all spheres of their entrepreneurial, and professional journeys.
- Building brand India in Canada and Brand Canada in India for better understanding of both the countries to augment the all-round relationship.
- Annually recognize & honour a prominent global achiever. CIF Global Indian Award is presented to an outstanding person who has demonstrated global leadership, vision, and personal excellence.
- Organize sectoral forums that enable a better understanding of the expanding economic, commercial and professional relations between Canada and India.
- Position the need for a strategic partnership between Canada and India as critical to Canada’s future.