Canada India Foundation (CIF) is a national, not-for-profit, nonpartisan, non-governmental organization established with the following objectives:
- Foster bilateral relations between Canada and India
- Create opportunities for qualified Indo-Canadians in the public sphere
- Create a better understanding of the new India among Canadians & protect Canada’s interests in India
- Annually recognize & honour a prominent global Indian achiever who has championed the transformation of India into a global economy and enhanced India’s presence and prestige on the world stage
- Organize sectoral forums that enable a better understanding of the expanding economic relations between Canada and India
- Position the need for a strategic partnership between Canada and India as critical to Canada’s future.